Thursday, September 11, 2014

Back for Another Beer at Singlespeed

Once again I find myself sitting at the small round table in the window of Singlespeed Brewery. This time I just happened to be a victim of circumstance. My mother allowed me to take her old touring bike to college. Now keep in mind this bike is 30+ years old and needs a lot of maintenance. Just a couple days ago the breaks started to go out on me. I procrastinated fixing them because of the unusually cold weather, but after warming up slightly today I jumped at the opportunity to ride to Main St and submit my bike to Bike Tech. Singlespeed sits just next door so I took a hop, skip, and a jump over to the brewery to sit and relax with a cold brew while waiting for the cycle surgeons to finish operating.


Beer Review:

On this occasion I chose to try a guest microbrew courtesy of Toppling Goliath Brewing Co. located in Decorah, IA. This particular beer is named Dorothy's New World. It has a slightly sweet wheat flavor that lingers in your mouth until the next sip. A fantastic beer for drinkers who do not like hoppy brews. If you enjoy light beers, this is a good one to mix up the game. It packs a lot of flavor but in a subtle way. As  an added note there is a very subtle hint of hop to it that I didn't notice until I closed my eyes to envision the flavor in my mind. In one word the beer depicts camaraderie. Fully in my mind this beer makes me see a close group of guys cheering with wild enthusiasm during a Sunday afternoon football game and clinking their glasses filled to the brim with Dorothy's New World. I give this beer a 4 out of 5 rating.

And I realize this is the third post in a row about Singlespeed. I promise I will visit another venue very soon to write about.

No comments :

Post a Comment