Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Beers with Bennett: An Introduction

Greetings to all you beer fans out there. My name is Bennett Becicka and I am a senior marketing major studying at the University of Northern Iowa (Go Panthers!). I am currently taking a digital advertising class and have to create a digital presence across several different social media. Our class project is to generate and post content over a topic we are passionate about. I have chosen beer! Which makes this the best class project ever! Who doesn't want to drink beer and get a grade for it?


My personal branding statement sums me up along with my goal for this project. I am a goofy, fun-loving, enthusiastic college student interested in reviewing beers and their venues because I want to generate ideas of what works and doesn't work for my future ambition of owning a bar. So what is my plan for this blog exactly? Well, I plan on going all around the Cedar Valley finding the best craft beers, microbrews, and unusual bottled beers from breweries and retailers and reviewing them. I have little prior knowledge about the brewing process or any correct terminology about beer or their descriptions, so my reviews should resonate with the average consumer. I am not a beer snob by any means.

My blogging will not just stop at reviewing and critiquing beers and their venues. I will also share my new knowledge about beers and how they differ as I educate myself on the subject. Also there will be some interviews with brew masters who will help explain the brewing process for all of you who have thought about home brewing and just haven't quite gotten to it yet. So stay tuned for more Beers With Bennett; "beer reviews by the average drinker, for the average drinker".




No comments :

Post a Comment